Christmas is that time of the year where we share love and exchange gifts with friends and families. It is one of the times of the year when you get to see people you haven’t seen in a long time.
Christmas is a special holiday that’s always full of fun, entertainment, singing, exchange of gifts, eating nice meals, tasting fine wines, and hanging out with family.
In the middle of all this, you may want to sprinkle a little amusement here and there. What better way than to throw harmless riddles, funny jokes, and brain teasers as you gather around the dining table to share a sumptuous meal with your family. Well, a light joke also does the work if you are two lovers trying to catch up on each other over the Xmas holiday too.
I know that you’re no teen. And this is not your first Xmas celebration. But, do you believe that there are so many things you don’t know about Christmas?
In this article, we have collated a list of hilarious Christmas riddles that will challenge your knowledge about Christmas.
Why don’t you see for yourself
Christmas Riddles for Kids
- I am a lovely carol song sang by many people during Christmas. I contain 12 gifts for 12 days of Christmas. What am I?
Answer: 12 days of Christmas
- I am something. I am very popular on Christmas day. I suffer a lot on Christmas day, with many people rushing to get me. I get chopped, trimmed, and beautified. What am I?
Answer: Christmas tree
- Everyone eats on Christmas day. The dog, cat, family, and friends except me. I put on a smile on people’s faces on Christmas day, but I get nothing except a cut and a bite. What am I?
Answer: I am the turkey
- I am the first man alive. I named every creature in the sea, land, and air. I named the day before Christmas. Who am I?
Answer: Adam. Adam was the first man alive. He named every creature in the sea, land, and air. He said, “It is Christmas, Eve” a day before Christmas.
- In which direction does Santa travel when coming for Christmas?
Answer: Santa is always a man of his words. He travels all the way from the North Pole to deliver gifts to children. He travels SOUTH because everything is south from the north pole.
- What do we have in December that we don’t have in any other month?
Answer: The word December has eight letters. No other month has the letter “D.” The answer is D.
- Santa broke his leg and was unable to walk very well. Santa cannot come during Christmas because of his broken leg, so he visited the hospital, and the doctor gave him something. What do you think the doctor gave him for his treatment?
Answer: A Candy Cane
- I am bright and beautiful, with many colors. I love Christmas, and Christmas loves me. Before Christmas day, I visit every home, and I shine. What am I?
Answer: Christmas Lights
- If Lion had a favorite toy on a Christmas day, what would it be?
Answer: Jungle Bells
- On Christmas Day, the Christmas tree and Christmas stocking came in contact with each other. What do you think Christmas said to stockings?
Answer: You like hanging around every time.
Christmas Riddles and Brain Teasers for Adults
Under this section, we have mixed up some Christmas riddles and brain teasers together. It seems the riddles listed above are very simple. Let us see if you are going to get anyone right in this section.
- Why do you think Santa cannot be robbed?
Answer: Santa knows Karate very well. He wears a black belt.
- On Christmas day, my parents bought 16 toys for my three siblings. The oldest got 1/8 of the toys, and another got ¼ while the youngest got 1/2. How many toys did each of them get?
Answer: This shouldn’t be too difficult if you have a sound background in arithmetic. The oldest gets two toys, the younger gets four, and the youngest gets eight toys.
- An apple came in contact with a Christmas tree. What do you think you will get?
Answer: It is a Pine-apple
- Have you ever noticed that mummies are always the happiest during Christmas? They are usually very active and involved telling everyone what to do. Why do you think they are so happy during the holidays?
Answer: It is because they love gifts and wrappings.
- The list of alphabets is always shorter during the Christmas holidays. What do you think happened?
Answer: It is because the Christmas alphabet has NOEL. Did you get that? I doubt it! Let me break it down for you. The Christmas alphabet has no L, which means L is missing. I guess you didn’t think deeper.
- I am something. During Christmas, people gather around from all over the world to keep gifts in my car. I gain a lot of attention from every both black, whites, young, and old.
Answer: I am a Christmas Tree
- I am something. I was in Lord of the rings. I was in Harry Potter. I am also found on Christmas day. What am I?
Answer: I am an elf.
- I am a shape. I am found on a sea animal. I am part of the objects in the sky. I am always on the top of a Christmas tree. What am I?
Answer: I am a star. A star is a shape. It is found on a sea animal called Starfish. It is part of the objects in the sky. Just look up at night, you will find a lot of stars. It sits every Christmas tree during the holidays.
- What is the favorite Christmas song of Monkeys?
Answer: Jingle Bells! Jungle Bells!
- What comes at the end of Christmas?
Answer: This is one of the hardest riddles. After all the celebration and decorations, what comes at the end of Christmas- The Letter ‘S.’
- After Christmas, Santa goes back to the north pole. Where do you think he hangs his suit?
Answer: This one is a little tricky. He puts his suit in the Santa Claus-et. Do you get that? Claus-et as in a closet.
- I am a type of a toe found on a Christmas tree that shouldn’t be on anyone’s feet. What am I?
Answer: I am a mistletoe.
Now that you have finished the riddles. What do you think? I am sure you got most of the riddles wrong. These Christmas riddles and brain teasers were written to task your brains, make you think deeper and laugh.